Guys. I’m going to be 29 in September. I’m on the downward slide to entering the last year in my 20s. In fact, I will be entering my 30th year on this earth in September. Lets not think about it that way, though.
I have no idea what I thought 30 would bring. Actually, that’s a lie. I thought I’d be at least pregnant, if not working on a second baby by the time I was 30. That’s not the plan, however, and I’m OK with that. I’m not sure how I feel about looking at 30 in just over a year, but I do know that there are some things I want to accomplish before I turn 30. So, the cliche “30 before 30 list” is born.
Without further ado, and in no particular order, my 30 before 30 list:
1. Go to Disneyland with Geoff
2. Go on a tropical vacation with Geoff
3. Get to my goal weight
4. Get a job in a library, or at the very least become a supervisor at my current job
5. Finish my wedding scrapbook and get up-to-date on our vacation scrapbook
6. Go camping
7. Learn to play the banjo
8. Buy his and her recliners and a couch
9. Hire a professional to clean the house…just once!
10. Stop drinking soda
11. Have a dress up and go out date night with Geoff at least twice a month
12. Take an overnight trip to Canada with Geoff
13. Make homemade ice cream
14. Go to Yellowstone National Park
15. Go to the beach with Geoff (in Washington)
16. Dye my hair red (not crazy red!)
17. Get a massage
18. See the Red Sox and Mariners play in Seattle next summer (2013)
19. Have fondu at home
20. Make communion bread for church
21. Write in my journal regularly (at least once a week)
22. See the King Tut exhibit in Seattle
23. Chaperone a mission trip with the youth group at church
24. Start a gratitude journal and write something in it whenever I’m feeling negative
25. Put the laptop down in the evenings when we’re watching TV
26. Practice good dental hygiene
27. Visit 30 breweries in Washington
28. Reread The Great Gatsby (my sister’s English teacher told her class they should reread this book when they’re 30. It has been a good 15 years since I read it myself.)
29. Reread The Grapes of Wrath (I remember really enjoying it back in 9th grade and think it’ll be much more meaningful as an adult)
30. Love my kitties and Geoff every single day because you never know what tomorrow brings.