This is by far one of the biggest rehab projects I’ve undertaken. As such, it took me several months, but that was mostly because I’m a little lazy. However, I think the end result is totally worth the pain it was.
First of all, the before.
I followed this tutorial for painting upholstered furniture. Yes, I painted upholstered furniture. It was…interesting. I don’t do reupholstering, so this was really the only option I could find. I found this by searching Pinterest for wing back chairs. I picked these up from Freecycle, so I figured if it was a total flop then I was only out a half gallon of paint.
Anyway, it took several coats before they were completely covered.
I used Martha Stewart Cornucopia for the paint, and got regular wall paint for it.
And the end result:
The end result looks a little like leather (I got asked a few times if it is leather, actually when I originally posted) and it does feel a little stiff to sit in. However, considering our front room is more for show than actual use, I think that’s just fine.
Here’s the view into the room from the hallway. I love the way they match the curtains, and for a dark room (our house is very shadowed by a few large trees) I think they really brighten it up.
Basically, I’m in love.